Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Interesting

I was part of an interesting conversation this weekend with some family members. Well I actually just listened simply for the fact I have learned with “Conservatives” if  you say anything against their beliefs they get hostile and I learned a long time ago with these family members to not say anything and let them go and sit quietly in amazement on what they have to say.

 

So the conversation started of course with the usual, bash Obama and “liberals” for making the country a bad place to live and its “liberals fault” for all the problems the country is facing yadda yadda yadda. But when this phase was over they moved in to the part I always find amusing. I always find it amusing when I hear conservatives my age talk about pensions and how they have disappeared and how they won’t or may not have the money to retire when they need it and so forth, and I find it amazing to think that you must not be paying attention to the law makers your electing because one of the most fought over items for conservatives for the past 30 years is getting rid of pension’s and how business should not have to pay them even in the face of it being owed to their employees. The “Conservative” movement was about taking care of yourself and no hand outs.

 

And the most amusing thing I also find with their complaint from this group is how they either are currently working for the government, just starting in the government or retired from the government. It is just amazing that they want to complain about “liberals” and think the “conservative” ideology is the way to go. I guess when you have let the conservative media tell you that the “liberals” are out to get you and get you focused on other nonsense items, you fail to realize that you may just be voting against your own interest.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment